I’m excited to let you know about a really cool workshop that my friend Andrea Vahl and I are doing in a few weeks focused almost exclusively on Facebook marketing. You might recognize Andrea’s name, she’s not only one of the co-authors of the just release Facebook Marketing for Dummies, but she’s also known for her shrill alter-ego Grandma Mary and her entertaining video interviews.
Here’s just a subset of what you’ll learn in our workshop:
- How to get found in local searches so that you can get new clients
- How to get more Likes to your Facebook Page and convert those new connections into customers
- The best times to post, how often to post and what to post
- How to sell from your Facebook Page without feeling pushy
- Where to get keyword ideas that you can incorporate into all your social media profiles
- How to optimize your profiles to help your SEO so that you are found
- How to use Twitter if you don’t want to Tweet
- Where to find targeted new followers
- The best Twitter tools to make your job easier and take less time
- Three things you must do on LinkedIn to increase your exposure and help you come up in searches
- How to find and connect with new people
- Google Plus and why you need to get started while it’s still in beta
- Four videos you should create on YouTube to help you connect with clients
- How to build a blog that acts as the centerpiece of your social media presence
- The three most important things you can do today to improve your search engine rank
The event will be a one-day workshop — including lunch — located conveniently in Louisville, Colorado, with easy access from Denver and Boulder, as well as points north and south.
When? October 18th, 2011.
Piqued your interest? We also have early bird registration if you act quickly. Details, sign up, maps, and much more can be found here: Facebook and Social Media Marketing workshop.
Hope you can join us, I know I’m excited to spend a day working with Andrea and learning from her!