So I apparently have one of the most valuable commodities on the Internet in my hands now: the ability to invite someone to join Gmail and get an account. Don’t believe me? Check out Gmail Swap, a site that lists the things people will swap or offer for an account on Gmail!
It’s pretty amazing what people are posting here, including a pet mouse, a bottle of whiskey, a pot of fresh spaghetti sauce, lingerie, chocolate, and even pictures of people naked or “doing stuff with their bf”.
Here’s a bigger list, for your amusement:
- a vintage photograph of Ernie & Bert
- a hookah from Cairo
- recordings and a hug from a member of the drum corps
- the services of a fire-spinner, didgeridoo-player, and photographer
- live phone-cam images from the Stanley Cup Finals
- an introduction to tiddly-winks from the #1-ranked high-school player in the world
- a slide-rule (with instructions)
- a formal dinner at Oxford University’s Worcester College
- the location and combination of a bank’s money-filled safe
- NYC lox and bagels
- a mystery present on your birthday
- an original remix of a song of your choosing
- butter-knives from the Great Depression, with ivory
- homemade curry powder, from a secret recipe
- be the godparent of someone’s next child
- a scenic flight near Atlanta, by a law student
- a professional Seattle photo-shoot
- fishing advice from northern Saskatchewan
- a custom-made candle – choose the colour, shape and scent
- a Mac Classic from a conceptual saint
- be listed in an album’s liner notes
- Texas BBQ ribs
- a collection of Iron Maiden records
- an authentic bible signed by Jesus
- a Volvo-led tour of Memphis, TN
- a night tour of San Juan, Puerto Rico
- this bartender will name a drink after you
And this, believe it or not, it just the tip of the iceberg.
All for a Gmail account. Who knew?